Monday 27 May 2013

Stowmarket & District 10

Bike: Cervelo
Distance: 10 miles
Time: 24 minutes 21 seconds
Average speed: 24.640 mph 

First dual carriageway TT of the season, on the A14 near Bury St Edmunds.

A pleasant (if chilly) 25 mile cycle ride out to the HQ told me that my legs were not exactly fresh after yesterday, and the first mile of today's race was quite painful. Nonetheless, enjoyed this - the course isn't perhaps the fastest out there (the winner did 20:44), but I reckon I could do a better time than a short 24 if I wasn't so exhausted! Cycled home afterwards, to make it 260 miles over the past four days. I'm not signed up for any open events next weekend, so hopefully when my legs absorb all this punishment, it will lead to better times.

Best bit of today was catching up with Derek and Gill from the Willesden: they are staying in East Anglia and Gill rode in the National 10 on Saturday. She also rode today, with a short 26, winning the ladies' prize. I think that's the first time I've seen any Willesden clubmates for nearly 4-5 years, and it was good to hear about what the club is up to. It was also nice to not be the only Willesden jersey in the HQ for once!

No comments: