Sunday 9 March 2014

CC Sudbury Mad March Hilly 21.7

Bike: Cervelo
Distance: 21.7 miles
Time: 58 minutes 18 seconds
Average speed: 22.333 mph

35th of 62
 
Headed out early to Lovejoy country (Lavenham) in glorious spring sunshine. The mad march hilly course is fun but tough - very little 'flat' (unsurprisingly) and always some technical challenge lurking to put me off my stride.

Didn't have much power in my legs (took the new road bike out for a 55 mile spin yesterday - including a recce of this course) and - while I was pleased to average over 21.7mph - I was a little disappointed with my placing overall. Maybe I could've gone a minute faster if I hadn't faffed around for much of the first half. I'm also not very good at climbing on the Cervelo, or going round corners for that matter. I also still need to spend some time tweaking my position on the bike.

Anyway, onwards and upwards! Another hilly challenge next week.

No comments: